We know you are interested in finding more like-minded people on ASKfm. We wanted to help you with this and introduced profile hashtags. By adding hashtags to your profile page you can let others know about your interests or groups you identify with.
When you have added profile hashtags, other ASKfm users will be able to find your profile in the search. You too will be able to find people by searching hashtags you are interested in.
This is how # hashtags work:
- On your mobile, go to your Profile page, select Bio and enter up to fifteen hashtags.
- On the website find the hashtag section under Profile Settings ("Add hashtag").
You can use hashtags to search for similar people by clicking on the hashtag directly in your profile page or by entering the hashtag in the search to add friends.
What if you don't want to use hashtags? That's OK. You can leave your profile blank.
Be smart how you identify yourself: Never post personal info in hashtags such as your home address or phone number. If you see someone using inappropriate or offensive hashtags, report the user from their profile page and we will review it.
If you use hashtags in your profile, anyone who does a search for that hashtag on ASKfm can find your profile.
Tips for using hashtags:
- Start typing and you will get suggested options for popular hashtags.
- Do not use spaces or punctuation in a hashtag.
- Type a keyword used in a hashtag in the search to find other ASKfm users with similar interests.
Do not use offensive or inappropriate keywords in hashtags. Check out more on what content is allowed on ASKfm in our Community Guidelines.