Our anonymity feature allows you to send messages without other people knowing who you are. This is part of what makes ASKfm unique and so much fun. Using anonymity makes it easier to ask questions and get to know others.
What it means:
- It’s there for you if you need just that little confidence booster.
- At the same time, it will help protect yourself against unwanted questions.
Good to know:
- No, you cannot do whatever you want when playing the anonymous card. If you don’t respect the community, we still know and will take action according to our Community Guidelines.
- You cannot find out who’s behind that anon question or answer. Anonymous means just that: There are no trackers or apps that can reveal anonymous users (even if they claim to)!
We stand by our offer: Anonymity is yours for the taking. And your choice
And for those of you who want to learn more about setting it up, here ya go:
1) I want / don’t want to receive anonymous questions!
Don’t get your trousers in a twist. Just change your privacy settings:
- On web or mobile browsers, open the “Settings” menu,
- On your mobile, open the “Settings” menu.
Then all you need to do is switching anonymous questions on or off.
2) I want to ask a question anonymously (or not)!
We’ve made it really simple for you! Everytime you post your question you can choose to ask anonymously or not. If you want to ask openly, just tap on icon and it will change.